About Me

My photo
We are known as PaWingers or just The Wingers by our Geocaching friends. When we found our first cache we had to come up with a name to log the find. We came up with this name simply because of residing in Pa. and because one of our many passions is cruising this beautiful country on our Honda Goldwing. Aside from geocaching we are passionate about most anything outdoors including hiking, kayaking, snowmobiling and biking. We are blessed beyond words with a wonderful son and daughter in law. We're also blessed with some terriffic family and friends. We consider ourselves very fortunate due to the fact that after being married over 40 years we still enjoy these things together.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

All days are good but some days are great!

Something came over me on Thursday morning as I headed to work. Perhaps it was the comfortable temperatures or the smell of autumn in the air. Quite possibly it was something even more powerful than these things. Without me even knowing it I believe I succumbed to the sounds of a distant bugle making it's way to my ear drum and right into my brain. It even took me by surprise because as I drove something clicked and I had this instant thought that I would be with the elk herd at mornings first light and then go into work a bit late. As I drove a bit further it's my belief that some giant bull bugled once again from some high ridge and my subconscious told me to take Friday off and make memories that will not fade for years to come.

I did follow the sound of the bugle, heeded it's advice and found myself among the herd on a beautiful early morning. As the title of this post says, "all days are good but some are great", this was the case on this day. Had I not seen any elk at all I could have easily said the day was a crown jewel. The sunrise illuminated the low lying fog up on the mountain as if you were walking through a field of Cotton Candy. Bugling surrounded me and the autumn smells made you feel the need to pinch yourself to see if you were alive or did you perish during the night and passed through the pearly gates. I've always heard that heaven will be a place of peace and tremendous beauty. Perhaps this is it! I pinch myself and say to myself, OUCH, that hurt stupid! So I apparently didn't perish through the night and I'm making my way back into the saddle. It's not heaven but it's running a close second.

 
 




Mother Nature woke up early in the morning and dipped her brush into this beautiful pastel color and with one skillful stroke painted the morning fog just for me.  Her artistry is unmatched. 
 

Even as the rose colored fog faded away one could still detect a slight tint on this side shot of Fish Hook.  He looked just a tad grumpy as he eyed me up in this image.

 
 
 
 

No comments: