About Me

My photo
We are known as PaWingers or just The Wingers by our Geocaching friends. When we found our first cache we had to come up with a name to log the find. We came up with this name simply because of residing in Pa. and because one of our many passions is cruising this beautiful country on our Honda Goldwing. Aside from geocaching we are passionate about most anything outdoors including hiking, kayaking, snowmobiling and biking. We are blessed beyond words with a wonderful son and daughter in law. We're also blessed with some terriffic family and friends. We consider ourselves very fortunate due to the fact that after being married over 40 years we still enjoy these things together.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

To delete or not to delete, that is the question!

I would suppose I'm not too different from other amateur nature photographers in that I'm my own worst critic.  I take loads of images and when I look at them the delete button is never far from my fingertips.  As you scan through the images one's too dark, one's too light, this one is not composed very well and that one is crooked and I can go on and on.  Sometimes you just plain screw up and have the wrong lens on or the wrong settings or the animal or the weather wouldn't cooperate.  Hey, I have a million excuses.  Okay occasionally even a blind squirrel finds an acorn and I get some shots that even I think are pretty decent.

The picture below is an image I took on a cold, miserable and rainy March afternoon.  As I was setting up for the shot I noticed that the fog that was rolling in front of the tunnel would change in intensity so I waited until it was low and heavy and snapped the shot. Of course when I got home and looked at the image I immediately shot it over to the recycle bin.  For some strange reason I restored it to my album and opened it up in PhotoShop and did some fooling around with it.  The end result was something that I sorta' liked and it no longer made me want to throw up in my mouth.  Hope you enjoy it!  This is the old tunnel in Sabula.

1 comment:

Coy Hill said...

Deciding what to delete; now thats one of the most difficult questions! As much as I try to practice heavy deletion I still keep way too many shots. This is a nice one; bet your glad you changed your mind.